We are currently only able to book lessons for guests who have already booked accommodation with Samurai Snow.
Learn & Explore at Niseko, Rusutsu or Kiroro
Make the most of your time in the Niseko area and have the best experience on the mountain by improving your ability with a Whiteroom private ski or snowboard lesson.
A privately instructed lesson lets you go one-on-one or in small private groups of up to 4 per instructor. They tailor the day to either discover a new sport, improve your skills and technique, gain confidence on piste or in powder & explore more of the mountain to make the most of your time with us.
Flexible start time, accommodation pick up & drop off.
- Maximum 4 to 1 Client-to-Instructor ratio
- Private groups only ski/snowboard
Full Day Private Lesson
Join one of our fully qualified instructors for a full day private lesson in the Niseko United ski area.
From lift opening to lift closure of 4pm (whichever is first)
Full Day Travel Private Lesson
Join us on a day trip to Kiroro, Rusutsu, Moiwa, Sapporo Kokusai, Asari or Tenguyama.
From lift opening to lift closure of 4pm (whichever is first)
Half Day 4 Hour AM Private Lesson
Full day too much? Join us for a half day lesson at Niseko United ski area.
Flexible start time between 8:30am and 10am. Fixed finish at 12:30pm
Half Day 3 Hour PM Private Lesson
Don’t like mornings? Join one of our instructors for a half day afternoon lesson at Niseko United ski area.
1:30pm start time
2023 / 24 Prices
- Peak Season: (16 December to 7 January and 2 to 18 February)
- High Season: (8 January to 1 February, 19 to 25 February, 9 to 19 March)
- Low Season: (1 to 15 December, 26 February to 8th March, 20 March to 14 April)
Instructional days include:
Your own qualified instructor
- Niseko area accommodation pick-up/drop-off (7:30-8am / 4-6pm) and transportation to the resort of choice
- Flat rate – maximum of 4 clients per instructor
Instructional days do not include:
- Lift passes
- Ski or Snowboard equipment
- Assurances on the day's weather
- Accommodation pick up from areas other than Niseko. Extra charges will apply for additional travel.
If you booked a certain ski resort and the lifts are shut that day they will offer up another resort. If all available resort options are closed they will try to reschedule another day (if available), or offer you a full refund
Niseko Area Ski Resorts
Niseko is made up of 4 interconnected resorts. The groomers in Niseko are long and offer fantastic views of Mt Yotei.
Coupled with plenty of off piste powder and excellent tree skiing terrain on offer for those looking to ski in the trees or powder for the first time or challenge themselves further.
Niseko has it all, a great resort to explore from December until early May with fantastic restaurants and cafes on or just off the slopes.
Rusutsu can be found just 40mins drive from Niseko.
The terrain on offer across Mt Isola, East and West Mountain is perfect for first time skiers or snowboarders to those wanting to take on the many long tree lined groomers or head off into the well spaced tree glades for some fun. If you want to experience the trees or powder for the first time or progress your level then Rusutsu is ideal.
With excellent views of Mt Shiribetsu, Mt Yotei, Lake Toya and the Pacific Ocean on a clear day & plenty of Japanese character, it’s a real favourite among locals.
The combination of easily accessible groomed terrain and a well structured lift system makes Kiroro a great place to visit and improve your technique. Lifts run December until May as this resort receives the most recorded snow falls in Hokkaido.
Hidden away in its own valley, Kiroro from the top of the lift system has excellent views of the surrounding mountains all the way to the Sea of Japan.
Otaru is a fresh seafood and coastal port just 30mins away and a great place to savour some delicious sushi after a day on the slopes of Kiroro.
Located past Kiroro and with magnificent views back over Otaru and the Sea of Japan on a clear day, Kokusai has some of the best groomed/ learning terrain around.
Amazing long groomed runs to satisfy all levels with tree skiing to match. A favourite for Sapporo and Otaru locals, it’s an ideal resort to improve your technique.
Nestled down the valley from Kokusai, Asari is a real local Japanese ski resort. Protected by the surrounding mountains from the wind and providing excellent teaching terrain and beautiful views stretching over the Sea of Japan.
Added to that, Asari is part of Asarigawa Onsen Village, the perfect place to relax in one of the many onses after a day on the slopes.
Located above the town of Otaru, Tenguyama offers excellent terrain for all abilities with amazing views on fine days across Otaru and the bay to the mountains in the distance.
Most weekdays it will feel like your own private ski resort.
A great little resort close to Niseko that offers good beginner to intermediate friendly terrain with wide groomers. Moiwa is also known to be a little powder haven around Niseko for those wanting to get a little deeper in the powder.
Close to the base of Moiwa are some of the best onsens in the Niseko area, which is a great way to end the day.
It is even possible to ski to and from Niseko resorts, but a different lift pass is required.
Book Whiteroom Niseko Private Lessons
You can book Private Lessons in the Niseko & Otaru Region OR the Central Hokkaido Region through the Booking Portal.
Please ensure that you select Niseko & Otaru Region for Whiteroom Niseko lessons.
We are currently only able to book for guests who have already booked accommodation with Samurai Snow.
If you submit a booking request and have not already booked accommodation with Samurai Snow, we will do our best to respond to your enquiry but this will not always be possible.
Please follow the steps below to book your lessons.
1) Click on the red "Book Now" button below and the booking window will open in a new tab in your browser
2) Add all of the lessons that you require to your shopping cart.
3) Click on the "Next" button at the bottom right of the page
4) Enter your personal details (all fields with an * are mandatory) and click on the "Proceed to Checkout" button at the bottom of the page
5) On the "Checkout" page, click on the green "Add New Group Member" button and add the names of each person in your group you are taking lessons, one by one
6) Assign the Group Members to each Lesson by clicking on the "Select Group Member" dropdown list under the Assign Group Members header and selecting the Guests to attend that lesson
7) Click on the red "Send Inquiry" Button at the bottom right
8) We will contact you by email with payment instructions once your booking request is confirmed.
You will need to have the following information to hand for each lesson you would like to book:
- Discipline (Ski or Snowboard) - lessons must be all skiers or all snowboarders only
- Date - the date you would like the lesson to take place
- Number of People - the number of lesson participants
- Start Time - your preferred start time
- Meeting Pick Up Time - your preferred pick up time (20 mins before start time)
- Ability Level - all participants should be a similar ability level for the best lesson outcome
- Accom & Room Number - the name of your accommodation and your room number
- Names & Ages
- Contact Number - a mobile phone number that you will be contactable on in Japan
Payment & Cancellation Terms
- Full payment via the booking portal is required to complete the booking
- 45 days or more prior to the lesson date: 25% cancellation fee
- Within 45 days of the lesson date: 100% cancellation fee
- "Cancellation" includes changes that reduce the overall value of the booking.
* Refunds are made in Japanese Yen. The amount that you receive in your home currency may differ from the amount you paid in your home currency due to exchange rate fluctuations.