Furano at a glance
Located in Central Hokkaido, Furano is not as well known as Niseko and Rusutsu in Western Hokkaido, although that is quickly changing. With the introduction of an Off Piste Gate system similar to the system operated in Niseko, Furano is the newest dream destination for skiers and snowboarders in search of the famous Japanese powder snow!
Furano offers a lot to those wanting to experience the best of Japanese skiing in a truly Japanese environment. Furano is made up of Furano Resort and Furano Town, separated by the Sorachi River and manages to combine the best of Ski In / Ski Out Resort Hotels with an authentic Japanese Town of 26,000 people.
Furano also serves as a great base to explore the ski resorts and backcountry mountains of central Hokkaido such as Tokachidake, Asahidake, Kamui, Tomamu and Sahoro.
Furano has something for everyone with English speaking ski school and day care for families to full on off piste and backcountry experiences for powderhounds seeking the Japanese powder.
- 9m of light, dry Hokkaido powder snow per season
- Lots of sunny bluebird days as well as powder days
- A great variety of terrain, with 950m+ of vertical and one of the steepest mountains in Hokkaido
- Night skiing every night until 8pm
- English speaking ski instructors and great child care facility
- Welcoming Ski Hosts to show you around on the mountain
- Fun Winter activities including snowmobiling, snow tubing, snow rafting, snow banana boat, snow shoeing, cross country skiing and sledding at the Family Snowland Village
- Onsen (hot springs) Tours as well as local Onsen at the base of the ski area and in local hotels & pensions
Our maps are a great place to start in planning your trip.
Furano has a mix of Ski In / Ski Out Resort Hotels, Japanese Pensions and self catering apartments located at the base of the Furano Ski Resort.
Why waste valuable holiday time queing for lift passes or looking up the bus schedule when you get here? We can sort everything out for you in advance.
All of our pre-booking prices are the better or same as buying in resort.
Furano has a handful of hotel onsen options in the Kitanomine, Shin Furano and Shimogoryo neighbourhoods.
Onsen lovers seeking the most spectacular onsen in the area can take a trip to nearby onsen in the Tokachidake mountains, such as Fukiage Roten-No-Yu, Hakuginsou or Ryounkaku, approximately 40 mins drive from Furano.